Getting Mxnet Installation issue on MacBook Pro (M1 Chip)

I am using Macbook Pro with M1 Chip (2020). I tried to install mxnet on jupyter notebook (miniforge) using the following command:

!pip3 install mxnet opencv-python

After running the command, it installed mxnet version 1.6.0.

Requirement already satisfied: mxnet in /opt/homebrew/Caskroom/miniforge/base/envs/python_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages (1.6.0)
Requirement already satisfied: opencv-python in /opt/homebrew/Caskroom/miniforge/base/envs/python_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages (4.5.5.64) 

But when I tried to run im2rec to generate list files for the training dataset (90%) and the validation dataset (10%) [Sagemaker book by Julien Simon]

!python3 im2rec.py --list --recursive --train-ratio 0.9 dogscats .

I got this error:

After that I uninstalled the mxnet using pip uninstall mxnet and clone mxnet repo from github, I was able to run the above command. I have added the related screenshot on reply section ( i am a new user, so cannot add more than one media file)

When I run this command:
!python3 im2rec.py --num-thread 8 dogscats .

I got the following error:

record = mx.recordio.MXIndexedRecordIO(os.path.join(working_dir, fname_idx),
AttributeError: module 'mxnet' has no attribute 'recordio'

Could anyone please guide me how to install mxnet using GPU support on Macbook Pro with M1 Chip Processor?

Hi, I am trying to install mxnet 1.9.0 in a Mac M1 Pro with ARM architecture, can anyone give me some instructions, until now I cannot achieve a good installation.

Best regards

Hi I am trying to install MXNet 1.9.1 and 2.0.0 in a Mac M1 Pro with ARM architecture but I have not be able to do it, can you provide clear instructions to do so please?

Please refer to this answer: