Any transparency on how waitlist is processed?

A lot of people have been added to the class, but not me. Just wondering how the waitlist is processed and if the class will expand to add all those who qualify? I really want to take this course!

Hi @alexkassil,

The waitlist is pretty much processed according to grades and also in terms of skills / background for the class. I’m sorry that it’s limited to 100 attendees (the room doesn’t allow for more) but we’ll make all the content and slides and lectures available online, so you should be able to get good value out of it even if unable to attend in person.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply @smolix . Many courses here on campus enroll past room capacity, but do not allow more than the capacity to sit in lecture due to fire hazards. Even then, after a week or two there is usually plenty of space in the lecture halls because Berkeley students prefer watching webcasts!

That being said, there is a possibility for you to enroll more than 100 students in your course! I recommend trying to meet the demand if possible. More students = more fun right?? :smiley:

Best,

Alex

1 Like

Thanks for the information, Alex. We were told a similar story. Currently in total 107 is enrolled. Will try our best to include more people.